Produce various types of content, such as text, imagery, and data
Generative AI, Artificial Intelligence is a technology that can produce various types of content, such as text, imagery, and data. Unlike ‘General’ AI, which refers to the broader concept of artificial intelligence for possessing human-like behavior, ‘Generative’ AI focuses on creating content based on existing information or data.
It’s no question that Generative AI is poised to revolutionize the advertising and marketing communications industry. Popular Generative AI tools enable: text generation, such as ChatGPT, Jasper, and AI-Writer; and image creation, such as Dall-E 2, Midjourney, and Stable Diffusion.
One of the biggest benefits of Generative AI is that it speeds up the content creation process. A recent research study of marketers by HubSpot, finds Generative AI to be most helpful with creating social media posts (60%), followed by product descriptions (50%), then e-mail (43%). No doubt, Generative AI is a powerful marketing tool for not only generating content but, brainstorming unique ideas, and providing more in-depth research on a new topic of interest.
Providing a personalized approach
Today’s consumers value a personalized approach and human touch, which is not possible (by definition) using Generative AI … at least, not yet. If consumers were to discover a brand was using artificial intelligence to generate their advertising and marketing messages or social media content, that brand could quickly lose the trust of its customers. For instance, there are already tools that can detect if ChatGPT was used to write this article!
Generative AI may be better at generating text, imagery, and data, but it fails to understand your customers as well as you do. People understand others through a greater sense of nuance, tone, and context in a way that artificial intelligence has yet to fully comprehend. So for right now, engaging a marketing professional to help your business develop content that is relevant, accurate, and valuable to your customers and prospects is still necessary.
So, what are the benefits to using Generative AI in marketing?
- Reduce the amount of time for proofreading or providing grammatically correct and well-structured paragraph text.
- Write simple texts, such as short product descriptions for an online storefront or identifying keywords for improved SEO, search engine optimization.
- Increase the visibility of your Website and the traffic received from search engines. Since search engines are also machines, it’s only natural that Generative AI could be helpful in determining your Website’s mix of appropriate page content and keywords.
- Retouch existing photography or generate new imagery by eliminating the tedious process of doing it manually.
- Analyze large amounts of text and data, such as customer feedback to find common patterns that could later help generate relevant content and/or determine trends to better position your business, product or service in a more effective way.